Unit 1, Builder Street
Linney Cooper Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy and your right to fair and just processing of your personal data. When you choose to provide us with data about yourself, we recognise that you trust us to act in a responsible manner.
2. WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data:
- When you buy our products and/or services
- When you order samples via our site
- When you interact with us in person, through email, phone, social media or website
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as suppliers you have made a purchase with
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you fill in any forms or surveys
3. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Name, phone number, title, and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information
- Details of transactions that you carry out and fulfilment of your orders
- Feedback, comments, and questions received from you
- Service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, emails, and social media
- If you contact us through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our website we may keep a record of that communication
- We may collect IP addresses, actions taken on the site, as well as traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources you access
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as information provided at the time of requesting samples or reporting a problem with our site
- Your username on social media, if you interact with us though those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions, or feedback
4. WHAT WE USE PERSONAL DATA FOR
We may use data held about you in the following ways for the purpose of internal administration and to ensure that the content on this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and for further purposes described below:
- To contact you to deliver certain sample requests, products, services, or information you have requested
- To provide you with notices regarding our products and/or services
- To contact you with processing necessary to fulfil a contract with you and in connection with our legitimate interest to provide services to you in an efficient, secure, and personalised way
- To improve the content and general administration of the website and our services
- To understand our visitors and what you are interested in with our website
5. SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
- Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
- We may pass your information on to trusted third parties we work with, such as IT companies, suppliers, or delivery couriers
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process
- The use of sub-contractors
6. STORING PERSONAL DATA
In most cases any information that we receive will be transferred to us in the form of an email, when you have sent us an enquiry or placed an order. It may also be stored within a record keeping area of the administrative side to our website which we will refer to when contacting you. In these regards, we have a legitimate purpose for retaining your information.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary in connection with the purposes outlined above, or for as long as you are a customer of Linney Cooper. After our relationship has ended, we will keep your personal data for a reasonable period to maintain our records in accordance with the law and our legitimate business needs. We may later keep an anonymous form of your personal data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful reason to do so.
8. THE RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE (OPT-OUT)
If you would like us to stop ending you marketing communications, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link in our marketing communications. Although we encourage you to use the unsubscribe link as it is automated, you may also send us a request and/or message via our contact page form. If possible, please include a copy of the communication you received to help facilitate a timely and accurate removal.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
This website may from time to time contain links to and from external websites, as well as any affiliate websites. If you follow a link to their websites, please note that these websites will be covered by their own privacy notice (PN) and/or personal information collection statement (PICS). Linney Cooper does not accept any responsibility or liability for protection of personal data with you may submit to a third party’s website. We recommend that you check the wording of the relevant privacy notices before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Subject to certain provisions, you have the following general rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used;
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to withdraw consent or opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- The right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws;
- The right to object to processing activities, including where profiling activities occur;
- The right to request that our processing activities are restricted, where for example you have contested that the personal data held by us is inaccurate;
- The right to contest a decision made regarding automated processing with significantly affects you;
- The right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in an appropriate format with a view to transfer that personal data to a separate service provider; and
- The right to file a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or your local data protection regulator, if you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data. The contact number for the ICO is 0303 123 1113 or you can access their website via: https://ico.org.uk
10. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to protect your information through the measures set out in this document. Unfortunately, we cannot always guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failures, events outside our control and other factors, may compromise the security of your information. Nevertheless, we will comply with our obligation to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security of personal data appropriate to safeguard against the risks of a personal data breach.
Our website and services are not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please ask your parent or guardian before using our website or services.
We are here to help and encourage you to contact us first to resolve your query or complaint.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
It is very important to us that your experience using www.linneycooper.co.uk is positive. We respect your rights to privacy and the fair and just processing of your personal data.